Quirky Xerus for the Raspberry Pi
October 24, 2016 - Barry Kauler, creator of Puppy and Quirky Linux, released his latest Quirky Xerus version 8.1 for the Raspberry Pi. (Updated to 8.1.2 on 25 November 2016.)
Quirky Xerus 8.1.2 for the Raspberry Pi is:
- built with Puppy Linux kit and Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus binary DEBs;
- a 360-MB Linux distro with LibreOffice, Inkscape, Seamonkey (Mozilla browser with composer), and many other applications;
- able to auto-update via Filesystem - Upgrade Manager;
- a fast GUI using JWM and ROX-Filer for the desktop;
- the first build by Barry Kauler for the ARM platform, specifically the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3;
- easy to install to micro-SD card, just decompress and write the IMG to 8-GB micro-SD card;
- available for download from ibiblio.org and nluug.nl.
Read this to explore the more technical aspects of Quirky Xerus.
Follow the Forum discussion of the Quirky Xerus release.
Read about the Raspberry Pi.
Added by raffy November 25, 2016 (12:15AM)